Many women over 40 are faced with the fact that the skin quickly begins to lose elasticity, becomes lethargic and lifeless, sagging. But natural age-related changes are not always the main reason for deteriorating skin condition. And to rejuvenate and lift the skin, you do not need to immediately contact a plastic surgeon. An excellent effect can be achieved at home.
Reasons for the loss of elasticity of the skin
Besides natural aging, which cannot be completely stopped, the skin loses its elasticity under the influence of other factors, the main ones of which are described below.
- Exposure to UV rays.This phenomenon is called photoaging. Under the influence of direct sunlight or intense exposure to ultraviolet rays in a tanning bed, the skin is dehydrated and the collagen fibers are destroyed.
- Dehydration.If the drinking regimen is not observed, especially during active sports, in hot climates or in winter, with the constant operation of heaters, the skin becomes very dry, begins topeel and get covered with fine wrinkles.
- Lack of vitamins.Especially the lack of B vitamins, retinol, as well as antioxidants C and E. With vitamin deficiency, the skin becomes lethargic, sagging, becomes earthy, eventually peel.
- Bad habits.Smoking, alcohol, lack of sleep and physical activity negatively affect the condition of the whole body. However, the most noticeable changes are in the skin of the face, especially in women after 40 years.
- Irregular and inappropriate skin care.Overuse of decorative cosmetics, improperly selected care products, as well as irregular care leads to the fact that the skin becomes matte and lifeless.
Home rejuvenation techniques
Since the beauty of the skin is directly influenced by external and internal factors, in order to achieve its rejuvenation, lifting effect and visible renewal, it is necessary to comprehensively approach the solution of the problem.
First of all, you will need to review your habits, your lifestyle and make some adjustments to it, which will very quickly have a positive effect on your appearance and the condition of the body as a whole.
- Regular and systemic skin care.We have given the main care recommendations below.
- His healthy sleep.You should rest at least 7-8 hours at night, the pillow should not be too high, and the bed should be soft. It is best to sleep on your back so that folds and new wrinkles do not form on your face.
- Compliance with the alcohol consumption regime.In order for the skin and body not to become dehydrated, you should drink at least 1. 5-2 liters of clean water per day. It is best to drink natural mineral water without gas or herbal teas.
- Walk in the fresh air.Saturate cells with oxygen, activate blood circulation, improve skin tone. The skin regains a healthy glow and a fresh appearance.
- Using sunscreen.Protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays, prevents premature aging. You should use sunscreen not only in the summer, but at all times of the year if you plan to be in the sun for more than 30 to 40 minutes.
- Quit bad habits.Or at least a significant reduction in the amount of cigarettes and alcohol consumed. Within a month, you will notice an improvement in the condition of your skin.
- Rigorous selection of skincare products.Choose creams and masks according to your skin type and the problems to be solved. When buying, pay attention to the shelf life and storage conditions. After 40 years, it is not recommended to use cosmetics that contain alcohol.
- Appropriate use of cosmetics.Replace heavy foundations with lightweight BB balms that correct skin tone while nourishing and hydrating skin.
- Plan review.Include as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible in your diet, limit your intake of coffee and black tea. Take a multivitamin if needed.
Peeling at home
In order for a woman's face to remain fresh and beautiful after 40 years, it must be regularly and thoroughly cleaned of impurities and dead cells from the upper layer of the epidermis. It is easy to do at home with a peel, which you can buy in a store or prepare yourself.
You can prepare a universal peel for any type of skin by using ordinary washing gel. Squeeze some gel into the palm of your hand, add ½ teaspoon of baking soda and salt, mix well. Apply the mixture to your wet face and massage gently in circular motions, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Ice cube massage
After the peel, it tones and firms the skin, massage with ice cubes. Ice cream for massage is best prepared from strong green tea or herbal decoctions:
- St. John's Wort;
- mother and stepmother.
The broth should be saturated, so it is prepared at the rate of 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry herb per 100 ml. the water. Pour boiling water over the grass, let stand 5 minutes over low heat, then cover and wrap in a towel so that the broth is well infused. When it is completely cold, pour into ice cube trays.
In the morning, after washing or peeling, wipe your face with an ice cube in circular motions along the massage lines. The duration of the intervention is individual, depending on the condition of the skin and your feelings. The skin should not freeze; after the ice massage, it should acquire a fresh pink color. Severe redness means that there has been hypothermia and the procedure should be shortened.
Also at home, you can easily prepare lifting masks which perfectly tighten and refresh the skin. The most popular of them are protein and gelatinous.
Aloe and honey protein
This mask, in addition to providing an excellent lifting effect, is also a real vitamin bomb. Honey contains more than 300 vitamins and microelements, and the aloe pulp rejuvenates the skin, hydrates it perfectly and starts the processes of cell regeneration.
- 1 egg white;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey;
- 1 aloe leaf.
Recipe:Beat the protein well with honey until you obtain a whitish foam. Separate the aloe pulp from the skin, chop well, add to the protein foam, stirring well. Apply the mask to your face and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. Then remove the remains with a towel and rinse with lukewarm water.
Banana and lemon gelatinous
Cleanses, brightens and refreshes the face perfectly. Bananas contain many valuable nutrients needed to improve the condition of the skin, and lemon juice contains a large amount of youthful vitamin C.
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of gelatin;
- half a banana;
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Recipe:pour gelatin 3 tbsp. tablespoons of water and let swell for 30-40 minutes, then heat in a water bath until the granules are completely dissolved. Mash the mashed banana. Slowly pour the slightly cooled gelatin into the mashed banana, stirring constantly. When the mass becomes homogeneous, pour lemon juice, mix again and apply to the face in an even layer. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, then remove with a towel and rinse with lukewarm water.